The Linnaean Gardens of Uppsala are the gardens off famous Swedish 18th century botanist Carl von Linné, and the oldest botanical garden in Sweden. The gardens, and Linné’s summer house Hammarby are open to the public and seem to have 18th century events every now and then. This Sunday, August 15, there will be an 18th century market that I hope to go to. The calendar of events is only available in Swedish.
Fashion and culture from the 1700s.
- 18th century society links May 30, 2007
- Alexander Roslin Jun 24, 2007
- Gustav III of Sweden Jun 24, 2007
- Gunnebo och andra sommarnöjen från 1700-talet kring Göteborg May 25, 2009
- Pehr Hilleström and Swedish 18th century paintings Jun 28, 2011