I just finished this polonaise and I’m so happy with it! I have to do one small alteration to improve the fit of the “bodice” but otherwise it’s done.
Edit: The photos are taken in my bedroom.
It’s based on a late 1770s polonaise pattern in The Cut of Women’s Clothes: 1600-1930 by Norah Waugh (diagram XXI), and I based the colours and trim mainly on this polonaise from ca 1775-80. As you can see this has lace as well and I might add that to mine in the future.
While working on my dress I realised it perfectly matches the exterior of my favourite 18th century building, Kina slott. I’ll have to go there to take some photos one day. The wig doesn’t exactly match my own hair colour but I hope I can hide that with more powder.
The back. Hopefully it won’t be this baggy at the sides when I’ve improved the fit. (The weird white thing showing in the neck is a camisole I wore under my stays since I’m altering my chemise and couldn’t wear it for the photos.)